Cluster Lashes should last up to 1 week – Some of our clients do get up to 3-4 weeks out of them but we recommend to get them done every 1-2 weeks or as and when you need them done.
To maintain this look and extend the life of your lashes:
- Do not wash eyes or shower and avoid crying, sweating and steam for 24 hours after lash application.
- Do not swim or spa for 48 hours after lash application to allow adequate time for bonding.
- Be gentle with your lashes.
- Avoid rubbing and pulling your eyelashes.
- Avoid oil-based and waterproof mascara. Regular mascara is not recommended for use as it will dissolve the bond with the lashes. If you wish to use mascara, gently remove mascara with water-based eye makeup remover – Micellar water is great. Apply mascara on the bottom lashes only.
- Avoid any creams, eye makeup removers, lotions, sunscreens or cleansers containing oils on or near eyelashes. Oils can loosen the bond of lash extensions. Care must be taken to apply eye cream sparingly with avoidance of the lash line area.
- Do NOT use an eyelash curler on your extensions.
- Do NOT pull your lashes out – See below for safe removal techniques.
Cluster lash removal
- You may find some will fall out in your sleep – this is normal after a week after application. Especially on each corner. The lashes are finer and more delicate in these areas.
- If you need to remove at home, use oil products such as baby oil, lash oil, oil infused micellar water etc.
- Soak into a cotton pad and rested on your eye lid to ensure contact between the lashes and the cotton pad.
- This will gently dissolve the bond and then you can drag down very gently to pull the cluster lashes away from your eyes.
- This must be done with caution and very gently.
- If you experience stinging or a pinching feeling when dragging down, please continue to soak the lashes with oil, this is the feeling of your natural lashes being pulled out which you absolutely need to avoid!
- If you follow my guide, your natural lashes will be in perfect condition after the cluster lashes are removed.
Believe it or not, there’s not actually any hard set rules for aftercare for lash lifts because its the structure of the hair that changes. You may find they drop slightly after a few days which is totally normal and then will last 4-6 weeks.
We recommend 4 week gaps between appointments. From experience this is what works best!
The 2 things we can recommend to do is;
- Brush your lashes daily with the lash brush we will give you at your appointment.
- Purchase our nourishing solution (1 sachet will do many applications) for £3.49 in salon and apply to your lashes sparingly and daily.
- Avoid heat treatments for 24 hours
- Avoid sunbathing for 24 hours, as this fades the tint
- Avoid putting your contact lenses back in for the rest of the day (for eyelash tint)
- Do not apply make-up or receive any other eye treatments for at least 24 hours after your treatment.
- Do not touch the area treated
- Avoid swimming/sauna for 24hrs
- Avoid perfumed products for 24hrs
- Oil base make up remover can cause the tint to fade faster
- Sun/UV lights can cause the tint to fade faster
- Keep lashes and brows dry for at least 24 to 48 hours
- Effects will start to diminish within 2-4 weeks as hair grows out
- Can get the treatment done again after 2-4 weeks if you’d like to maintain your look.