- Avoid shampooing and conditioning your hair for 48 hours after the colour application.
- With copper and red tones you must protect your hair with conditioning treatments and Olaplex treatments. Coppers and reds fade much quicker than other colours. If you’d like a conditioning treatment or an Olaplex treatment, please book in online – You can also refresh these colours or any fashion colours using Oway refresher colours.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight as this will fade your colour as expected.
- Use a sun screen on your hair on holiday or on sunny days – sun, sea water and swimming pools will alter your new hair colour (and not in a good way)
- Avoid medicated shampoos and shampoos with a high detergent, silicon, or alcohol content as these can strip the colour from your hair. Be kind to your hair! I can advise you on the best types of shampoos and conditioners to use for your hair.
- Some very bright colours may initially rub off onto clothing and bed linen and these can also fade quicker than other colours. However, this can be minimised by following these guidelines and using the correct quality home care products.
- Be careful when using purple shampoo. Its miracle stuff for toning but only to be used once a week – You can use it more often for a tone boost but after 1 week of use, you must continue to use as recommended.